Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Movie Night In - DVD Recommendations



There are some great DVDs now available to watch.

Sex and the City: The Movie came out last week and if you are a fan of the series you will definitely want to be a part of the phenomenon. I found it to be an emotional roller coaster but also enjoyed seeing what the girls had been up to since we last saw them on the small screen. Everyone is still in top form.

After a long wait, one of my favorite comedies of the year was released on DVD today. Forgetting Sarah Marshall is now available on a 3 disc collectors edition and also as a single disc. I found myself laughing throughout the entire movie and there is a great ensemble cast of characters in this Judd Apatow Production which was penned by the movie's star, Jason Segel. As with Apatow's other releases there is a bit of raunchiness in this film but the story has a lot of heart and the Hawaii scenery is as beautiful as you would expect it to be.

The other big new release today is Iron Man. I have not yet seen this movie but have only heard great things about it so I cannot wait to make my own judgement. I expect I will love it since Robert Downey Jr. is always entertaining and it looks like another great comic book adaptation. It is in my possession and I will watch it soon.

So there you have it! Lots of great movies to add to your queue. Enjoy!

No comments: